White Chicken Chili

This is the soup I brought to the Christmas Eve party at Sym's. It was well-liked, even by the kiddos. I first saw the recipe HERE (there are other dishes on this site I want to try...let me know if you give any of 'em a whirl!)
INGREDIENTS
1 c. diced onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 14-oz. can chicken broth
2–4 chicken breasts, cooked, with broth to equal 14 oz.
1 4-oz. can diced green chiles, undrained
2 cans great northern beans, white, drained
2 11-oz. cans shoepeg corn, undrained (look for Green Giant)
3 T. lime juice
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. cumin seed (I didn't put this in because I didn't have it)
1 t. ground cumin

PREPARATION
Saute onion and garlic in a little oil. Add other ingredients and simmer to blend flavors. When served, garnish with grated cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, green onion and avocado. Add slightly crushed tortilla chips if desired.

3 comments:

  1. I will be making this for sure. My kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this and the flavors were "vibrant" (per Travis) Thanks for sharing.
    PS I used 16 oz frozen white corn - petite, sweet and it worked well - Hickville AZ doesn't carry shoepeg corn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm (Aki) make this tonight X-man eve.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know how this recipe turned out for you, so please leave a review. You can always leave general comments and questions about this recipe as well. HAPPY COOKING!