Camie's Kale Salad

Camie made this when I was home after Christmas. We really enjoyed it, especially Ame. She wanted to have a plate of it every time Camie ate!
INGREDIENTS
1 bunch kale, sliced thin
3/4 c. golden beet, peeled and shredded
6 T. shredded carrots
1/4 bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 red bell pepper, cut up small
1/4 c. raw hemp seed (optional)
alfalfa sprouts (add at end -- optional)

Combine all ingredients and toss to mix well. Drizzle dressing over salad and mix again. Top served portion with sprouts.

DRESSING (Using a blender, mix all ingredients until smooth.)
1/3 c. olive oil
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. oregano
4 T. apple vinegar cider
2 T. nama shoyu (soy sauce)
2 T. raw tahini
1/2 T. minced garlic

2 comments:

  1. I'm pasting Camie's post here since it was in reference to this recipe:

    Woah, these recipes look so good I don't know if I can handle this blog, Heidi! :) haha I had a funny thought, "I'm not in the photo for a reason! I can't get on this blog!" But I'm glad Lindy put a recipe of mine, so I'll consider it done on my behalf. That was nice, Pin! Thank you. I actually use alfalfa sprouts because they're a little less bold in flavor. I got the recipe from People's co-op deli in San Diego, just to give credit where it's due. Hope you enjoy it! It's my new favorite food, except now I don't eat vinegar or soy sauce (which both make the salad extra tasty) so i'm looking for alternatives for the dressing. I usually don't get dressing at all, so it's a treat! Let me know if you have any ideas. (POSTED BY CAMIE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good and so healthy -- especially the beets!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know how this recipe turned out for you, so please leave a review. You can always leave general comments and questions about this recipe as well. HAPPY COOKING!