Hors d'oeuvres

Here are a few hors d'oeuvres I served at my neighborhood book club.
They are always a hit!


Hot Artichoke & Chili Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl until
smooth (I used my mixer).
3. Stir in the green chilies, cheese, artichokes and spinach.
4. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish. (I topped w/more cheese)
3. Bake in preheated oven until slightly browned, about 30 min.


Britney's Bacon Tortilla Spins
1 pkg. 10-12 flour tortillas (not the huge wrap ones, but med. ones)
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 pkg. bacon cooked crispy and crumbled or chopped small
3-4 small/medium roma tomatoes, diced small
2-3 stalks of green onion, chopped small

1. Let the tortillas and cream cheese sit to room temperature.
It makes the cream cheeseeasier to spread and the tortillas easier
to fold and wrap.
2. Mix bacon, tomatoes and green onion together in a small bowl.
3. Spread entire tortilla with a layer of cream cheese. Sprinkle
1-2 Tbs. of bacon mixture in a line down tortilla -- Do it off
center about 1/3 of the way into the circle)
4 Roll up and cut into bite size sections.

I wish I had pictures of these good treats but I forgot to take
some -- I guess you'll just have to trust me & try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know how this recipe turned out for you, so please leave a review. You can always leave general comments and questions about this recipe as well. HAPPY COOKING!